At GadGado.com we are 100% committed to making sure that your experience on our site is as safe as possible.
Here you can find advice on how to stay safe while trading on GadGado.com.
General safety advice
- Keep things local. Meet the seller in person, check the item and make sure you are satisfied with it before you make a payment. Where available, use Buy Now and have items delivered to you directly.
- Exchange item and payment at the same time. Buyers – don't make any payments before receiving an item. Sellers – don't send an item before receiving payment.
- Use common sense. Avoid anything that appears too good to be true, such as unrealistically low prices and promises of quick money.
- Never give out financial information. This includes bank account details, PayPal info, and any other information that could be misused.
Scams and frauds to watch out for
- Fake payment services. GadGado.com does not offer any form of payment scheme or protection. Please report any emails claiming to offer such services. Avoid using online payment services or escrow sites unless you are 100% sure that they are genuine.
- Fake information requests. GadGado.com never sends emails requesting your personal details. If you receive an email asking you to provide your personal details to us, do not open any links. Please report the email and delete it.
- Fake fee requests. Avoid anyone that ask for extra fees to buy or sell an item or service. GadGado.com never requests payments for its basic services.
- Requests to use money transfer services such as mobile money . These services are not meant for transactions between strangers and many scams are run through them. Avoid requests to use these services.
GadGado.com's safety measures
We work continuously to ensure you have a safe, enjoyable experience on GadGado.com.
Our safety measures include:
Hiding your email address on ads you post to protect you from spam.
Giving you the option to hide your phone number on ads you post to protect you from spam.
Making constant improvements to our technology to detect and prevent suspicious or inappropriate activity behind the scenes.
Tracking reports of suspicious or illegal activity to prevent offenders from using the site again.
Reporting a safety issue
If you feel that you have been the victim of a scam, please report your situation to us immediately.
GadGado.com is committed to ensuring the privacy of its users and therefore does not share information about its users publicly.